Profession: Nurse / Nurse team leader(Hospital)
Region: North west
Job Type: Permanent
DescriptionAdvanced Nurse Practitioner - Manchester, UK
The post holder will demonstrate courageous and critical thinking and is a caring, compassionate and committed experienced nurse who, acting within their professional boundaries, will provide care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care. They will demonstrate safe, competent clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the general practice. The post holder will commit to demonstrating critical thinking in the safe clinical decision-making process. They will communicate and work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required.
• Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis
• Clinically examine and assess patient needs from a physiological and psychological perspective, and plan clinical care accordingly
• Assess, diagnosis, plan, implement and evaluate interventions/treatments for patients with complex needs. Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate)
• Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug-based treatment methods into a management plan
• Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice
• Work with patients in order to support compliance with and adherence to prescribed treatments. Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions
Call Frances White on 07894 481203.